Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Update!

So, yesterday I went on an epic-rant about education and things as such.

Today, I was proven right in a discussion with one of my "friends" (we're friends, but not very close friends at all).

He was talking about why one of the other people in the class and I always have in-depth conversations and the like (this friend is a true "Christian".... he doesn't judge anyone else, has never tried to even convert me. He wishes to understand my choice in being an atheist, but he and I never try to sway the other onto "our" side.) So he asked something along the lines of "Why do you two waste your time trying to figure things like that out?"

I answer first, "Waste.... our.... time?"

My friend caught up soon thereafter, saying "What do you mean by that?"

The other guy kept on, saying how it was a waste of time to worry about philosophy and the like. How a lot of people "waste" their lives looking for new elements and things like that. How we don't think about "important" things.

And I looked back at him and said, "What do you mean as 'important'?"

He couldn't answer, so I took it back up and asked him again, "I don't understand what you mean.... these things are important to myself and _______. Please tell us what you find important, and maybe we can find a reason to why you do not believe that our important things are not important."

It was quiet for a few moments, so my friend and I continued our argument about which side we would take during the "Fall" from Grace (assuming that Satan actually exists and all that jazz).

Later on, halfway through my brilliant (albeit half-stolen) defense of picking up Lucifer's side, he interrupted us again with basically the same question.

Please leave comments of your own opinion. If you wish for me to talk about something in a future post, please be sure to email me at billvoltage@alltel.net. Please include the words "Tolerance and Peace" in the subject line, so that it is not kicked back by my SPAM filter. Thank you.

No comments: